You must officially register in the course page to attend. Secure your spot HERE.
Melbourne Silicon Beach in association with Collective Campus presents One Day Startup (Weekend Version).
This is a paid workshop where the class takes place over one immersive day. You can secure your place with a $50 deposit and pay the remainder before the event.
All Silicon Beachers receive a 20% discount if you pay for the workshop using the discount code ‘siliconbeach‘.
The 1-day intensive currently has an early-bird price of $295 (RRP $345) with more discounts provided if you sign up in groups. Sign up to the course here. This course also has a weekday version available.
What You Will Learn
• How to develop your initial business model and key assumptions
• How to quickly build cheap but effective prototypes to test your key assumptions
• How to develop and measure key actionable metrics to gain valuable insights to guide you towards product market fit
What You Get
• Completed business model
• Completed value propositionSet of experiments and metrics to test key business model assumptions
• A virtual prototype
• A working and live minimum viable product
• Customer feedback and validated learnings
• Key metrics to measure and optimise towards helping find product market fitA lean marketing strategy
• Group feedback and expert insights
• Knowledge to help you test many ideas by taking lots of small bets
About this Course
You will not only will you receive an overview of the entire lean startup process and supporting tools, backed by real-world case studies and immersive activities but you will also be asked to come with an idea and you will leave with a working prototype and some validated learnings.
This will help you quickly and cheaply determine whether or not you’re onto a winner, which elements of your business model need tweaking, what features you need to think about and you will start to gain an appreciation for which marketing and distribution channels work best.
You will also be able to tap into the collective knowledge and opinions of your peers as well as expert insights of the facilitator and guest speakers.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
• If you answer yes to any of the following questions then the lean startup short course is for you.
• Do you have an idea for a startup but aren’t sure where to begin?
• Are you working for a large company and have an idea you’d like to explore on the side?
• Already working on a startup but not getting the results you’d like (and wasting a lot of money doing so)?
• Looking to implement the lean startup within a large company or an SME
• Looking to get involved in internal innovation projects at a large company?
Contact the team at email@example.com or (03) 9996 1257 to enquire about group bookings.
Our workshops and classes can take place both on campus, on-site at your organisation as well as third party sites and events such as conferences.
About The Instructor
Steve Glaveski spent time working at both Macquarie Bank and Ernst & Young, where he consulted for numerous ASX50 and NASDAQ listed clients, before embarking upon his own entrepreneurial journey. He used lean startup principles to validate assumptions underlying his first startup, Hotdesk, which lead to a successful fundraising round, appearances in The Financial Review and The Australian and honours from Microsoft Australia, before growing the office sharing platform to almost 1,000 locations across AsiaPac.
He has since gone on to advise other early stage tech startups and is a co-founder of Collective Campus, sighting an archaic mentality of “the way things have always been done around here” as a key motivator for wanting to get into the space. Steve is also a regular innovation blogger, having written for Innovation Excellence, Startup Grind, Venture Beat, Startup Daily and Shareable in addition to independently publishing thought leadership pieces on LinkedIn.
When not immersing himself in all things business and innovation, Steve can be found hitting weights in the gym, cycling down Beach Road, catching a live band on AC/DC Lane or enjoying some smashed avocado on toast at one of Melbourne’s many famous inner city cafes.